Face masks can help exfoliate, hydrate and nourish your skin. Foot masks do the same for your feet.
Your feet go through a lot. They bear the weight of you entire body and when you walk or run, they are constantly rubbing against your shoes or socks. Without proper care, it’s easy to develop foot problems like calluses, poor blood flow and foot odour among others.
It gets to a point where you cannot even take off your shoes when other people are around because you think they look ugly. Foot masks can help.
Sometimes called foot packs, foot masks are designed to be left on your feet for an extended amount of time. They contain a host of ingredients that work on your feet to make the skin softer, suppler and smoother.
Foot masks come in different varieties. There are the thin ones that you apply for a few minutes. There are also thicker ones that you can even walk around in and wear with slippers. They feel more like socks than masks.
They all do one thing; turn your rough callused feet into baby-like feet. They do this through a combination of actions, the most important one being exfoliation. They peel off the outer skin layer filled with dead cells and rough skin, revealing the softer layer underneath.
Many foot masks also contain ingredients like Shea butter and organic oils to moisturize your feet. As a result, your feet become softer. You may also find masks that contain herbal odour-reducing ingredients.
Foot masks are great for anyone who wants healthier, softer and prettier feet. They are especially beneficial for those who spend a lot of time walking or standing.
Here are the best and most effective foot masks we found online.
1. Footner Exfoliating Socks Total Callus Remover
- Intensive foot mask that peels away hard and dry skin in one 60-minute application
- Easy to use, ideal at-home pedicure
- No cutting, scrubbing and pain
- No foot files, no cream, no fuss – uses skin’s natural peeling process to reveal baby soft skin
- Long lasting effect; it is recommended to use Footner Exfoliating socks every 2-3 months to keep pedicure ideal feet
Instead of spending hours trying to scrub the calluses out of your feet, put on these exfoliating socks and you’ll see a big difference.
The Footner Exfoliating Socks are designed for a 1-time 60-minute application. During this period, potent ingredients are absorbed into your skin and immediately begin their work.
After 5-10 days, you will notice the top layer of your skin exfoliating away. Your feet will feel softer and smoother. The mask gets rid of calluses and any unsightly roughness on your feet.
The peeling process is not painful at all. You won’t even notice it unless you look. But don’t apply the mask if you have severe cracks or an open wound on your feet. It may cause soreness and pain. Read our full review.
What we like about it:
- Highly effective at skin exfoliation.
- Easy to use and painless.
- Requires just one application.
2. Purederm Mask Papaya & Chamomile Extract Exfoliating Foot Mask
- Purederm exfoliating foot mask is a foot exfoliant plus treatment filled in a pair of a wearable mask sheets.
- You will have completely new and childlike feet!
- Put on the mask as you would your socks. It removes all calluses, over time, visibly smoothing your feet within 2 weeks.
- Papaya, Lemon, Apple, Orange and other natural botanical extracts remove calluses.
- Chamomile extract calms freshly exfoliated skin. How to use: Thoroughly cleanse your feet and wear the masks. Remove after 60 to 90 minutes and rinse...
These exfoliating socks work in the same way as the Footner socks above. You apply the mask for around 60 minutes and then rinse your feet with water.
You will not see any major difference immediately. Your feet begin peeling only after 4-7 days. The process is painless and barely noticeable but the results are huge.
Your feet become soft and smooth. Any calluses you had disappear completely.
Purederm foot mask consists of natural botanical ingredients that are safe for your skin and highly effective at exfoliation. Some of the ingredients include papaya, lemon and apple. It also contains chamomile extract, which helps relax your feet, especially if you have sensitive skin.
What we like about it:
- Easy to use. It just requires one application, no scrubbing or soaking necessary.
- Effective at skin exfoliation. Most users report a complete disappearance of calluses.
- Safe and nourishing natural ingredients.
3. Tea Tree & Peppermint Intensive Treatment Foot Pack
This is more of a moisturizing than exfoliating foot mask. It’ll still help in reducing calluses and rough skin, but it’s best for deep moisturization.
It does not cause your feet to peel after a few days. It just softens the skin and makes your feet feel fresher.
Each pack is meant for a single use, though some users say you can use it two or three times. You are supposed to leave the mask on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
The mask will feel a bit tingly and cold at first. This is the peppermint and tea tree interacting with your skin. But at the end of the treatment, your feet will feel new and fresh.
What we like about it:
- Quick results in just a few minutes.
- Leaves feet soft, smooth and fresh.
- Easy to apply and take off.
4. Deep Moisturising Foot Pack with Moroccan Argan Oil Extract
This is also an instant moisturizing foot pack. Apply it on your skin, wait for a few minutes and then remove it. Your feet will instantly feel softer and smoother.
With repeated use, this foot mask also helps reduce the formation of calluses and cracks.
The main ingredients are Morrocan Argan Oil Extract and Shea butter. These penetrate deep inside your feet to hydrate, nourish and soften them.
What we like about it:
- Easy to use. They are easy to apply and peel off.
- Instant results. No need to wait for days to get softer feet.
- Nourishing natural ingredients.
5. Bea Luz-2 Pairs Exfoliating Foot Peel Mask
- 🌹Miracle Solution for Dry, Coarse, Callused Feet - Our foot peel mask is extremely effective at exfoliating and peeling away rough and dead skin to...
- 🌹Easy to Use - Simply put on the booties for the recommended time period and after removing it, the treatment will start to work. There is no need...
- 🌹Safe and Pain-Free - The natural extracts and botanicals gently yet safely penetrate into the dead skin cells to break down and remove the outer...
- 🌹Healthy Soft Feet for Family & Friends - Pamper your feet and the feet of your loved ones with our exfoliant foot peel mask. Both men and women...
- 🌹WARM TIPS - Tip 1: It's safer to do a sensitivity test before using it on sensitive skin, put a little fluid on your ankle firstly and see how it...
This is a deeper moisturizing and exfoliating mask.
Once you put on the socks, give them 60-90 minutes for the exfoliating ingredients to be absorbed into your skin. Be careful not to leave them on for longer as it could cause some discomfort.
It takes around a week to start seeing results. You will notice your skin peeling off. But don’t worry, it’s not painful at all. For faster results, the seller recommends soaking your feet in warm water 48 hours after removing the socks.
In 2 weeks, your feet will have completely exfoliated. There will be fewer or no calluses. Your feet will also be softer and smoother. Regularly apply moisturizing lotion during and after treatment to avoid dryness.
Note that this mask should not be used on wounded skin or by women who are pregnant or nursing.
What we like about it:
- Easy to use and completely painless.
- Effective for feet exfoliation. It eliminates calluses and smoothens rough feet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does a foot mask do?
- Exfoliate your feet. Ingredients in the foot mask remove the hard outer layer of your skin that contains dead cells, reveling softer and smoother skin underneath.
- Moisturize your feet. Ingredients such as Shea butter and natural oils moisturize your feet to make them softer. Moisturization can also help prevent chaffing, calluses and bunions.
- Reduce foot odour. Some foot masks contain ingredients that reduce or eliminate foot odour. They reduce sweating or target the bacteria that causes your sweat to stink.
Q: Are foot masks safe?
The idea of a mask that makes your skin peel away may sound dangerous but foot masks are generally safe.
They contain acids that peel away the top hard layer of the skin on your feet.
Don’t worry; foot masks are completely painless. You’ll just notice flakes of skin coming off over the next several weeks until you have smooth and soft feet.
That said, make sure you follow all the manufacturer usage instructions. Check the label or leaflet for warnings, directions and contraindications.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies, check the list of ingredients for anything you might be sensitive to.
Q: How does an exfoliating foot mask work?
Most exfoliating foot masks will boast a long list of natural ingredients including oils and plant extracts.
But the secret to their skin-peeling effect is a group of chemicals called AHAs or Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Examples of AHAs include glycolic and lactic acids.
The AHA in the foot mask penetrates deep into the skin and breaks up the fibres that hold dead skin cells together.
This makes it easier for the top skin full of dead cells to peel away.
Some exfoliating foot masks require just one application while others produce better results with repeat applications.
Q: How do you use a foot mask?
Check the application directions on the label or leaflet.
Some foot masks are supposed to be left on your feet for just a few minutes than you rinse it off.
Others are designed for overnight use while others are like socks that you can wear with your shoes when you go to work.
For best results, clean and dry your feet before using a foot mask. A foot bath can also help soften your skin, allowing the foot mask to penetrate deeper.
Q: How often should you use a foot mask?
It depends on the type of mask.
Exfoliating foot masks generally shouldn’t be used often to avoid irritating your feet.
Most manufactures recommend waiting at least a couple of months or until you notice a build-up of dead skin before re-applying the mask.
Moisturizing foot masks have milder ingredients and can be used more frequently.
Q: How long does an exfoliating foot mask take to work?
It varies from brand to brand. But generally, you’ll start to notice peeling after 3-6 days. With some foot masks, it can take up to two weeks to notice any substantial peeling.
Be patient and follow the manufacturer-recommended post-application care. Some foot masks require that you soak your feet daily after application to get the best results.