The Micro Pedi Mini is the latest addition to the Emjoi Micro Pedi range of pedicure devices. Of all of the Emjoi Micro Pedi devices, such as the Power, Professional and Portable models, this is the smallest and easiest to take along on holiday.
What are you buying?
It is a battery-operated handheld device that removes rough skin from your feet quickly and painlessly and leaves soft, smooth, new skin in its place. This machine does seem to be closely modelled on the hard skin removal machine for men: Emjoi’s Micro Pedi Man, which is available only in black. Unlike the Power model, which is corded and the Professional and Portable models, which use 3 AAA batteries, this unit uses 2 AA batteries.
- Weight: 181 g
- Power: 2 x AA batteries (not included)
- Speed: One speed
- Removable Head: No
- Rollers Included: 1x Extra Coarse
How easy is it to use?
Like other hard skin removers from Emjoi this machine works on the principle of removing dry, hard skin with a battery-powered spinning roller that is covered with a coarse material. It’s easy to use. You simply hold the machine by its handle and apply the roller surface to the hard skin on your feet. Be prepared for the cloud of dust it sets up!
The process of removing tough skin from your feet is very easy and very effective. The small size of the device makes accessing tight places such as toes very simple. You don’t need to apply a lot of pressure with this machine. Just a light touch does a good job of removing hard skin. When you apply gentle pressure the roller moves much more easily and the machine does a lot more of the work for you.
What accessories are included?
The Mini Pedi is pretty much a standalone purchase. It comes with one roller and a cleaning brush. The two AA batteries necessary for use are not included. You should know that the Micro Pedi Mini goes through batteries very quickly, so you’ll want to keep a good supply on hand. It is also unfortunate that there is no travel case included.
Even though this machine only comes with one roller, you shouldn’t buy extra rollers along with the machine. Wait until you’ve given it a try and know what level of coarseness you want. If the roller that comes with the machine is not coarse enough for you, go the next step up. If it’s not fine enough, go the next step down. The good news is that with standard use, the roller should last a couple of months.
Key features of Emjoi Micro Pedi Mini
- Performance – the main thing you should know is that this foot sander is very effective and you are sure to be amazed with the good results you get.
- Design – not only is this machine robust and effective, it is designed and built very sturdily
- Affordable – it is also more affordable than other brands on the market, and the replacement rollers are also very inexpensive.
- Size – the machine is very light and compact and great for travelling.
- One speed only – it only has one speed. Having one speed is not a terrible drawback, and the speed it has is quite effective. It spins at a rate of 30 times per second, and that gets the job done.
- One roller only – the fact that only one roller comes with the machine is a bit surprising since other machines from the same company usually have a selection of two rollers in two different levels of coarseness. In my opinion having two rollers provides better value and gives you the chance to determine which level of coarseness works best on your skin.
Anything else you should know?
As with most electrical gadgets, you should avoid contact with water with the Micro Pedi Mini. You should only use it on dry skin. It does not work well on damp skin, and if you try to use it on damp skin you will clog the roller, and you may make your feet sore. We don’t recommend using this product for feet with sensory impairment.
Another slight downside to this machine is it makes a bit of a mess. You’ll end up with quite a bit of ground off skin dust about. That’s why it’s a good idea to lay down some newspaper before you do your feet or to use the machine over a wastepaper bin. Be careful if using the machine over the toilet bowl or bidet, because you don’t want to drop it into the water.
Even though you should not use this device on damp skin, you should not use it on dirty skin. Be sure your feet are clean when you use your foot sander because this will help your rollers last longer and also reduce the chance of developing any skin problems. Wash your feet and dry them well. Allow them to air dry for a few minutes before using the machine.
How do you clean the device? It’s easy to clean this machine with the brush that comes with it. Instructions also say that you can clean both the device and the rollers under running tap water. You may want to use an old toothbrush to clean the rollers well. Naturally, if you are using a plug-in type machine, you’ll want to unplug it before you clean it.
The bottom line is that Emjoi’s Micro Pedi works a lot better than traditional devices such as emery boards, pumice stones and files. It’s quick and easy to use and very safe. This is especially true when you compare it with “safety” cutters that are equipped with razor blades to slice your calluses off. Its unique selling point is its size which makes it great for travelling.
Where to buy?
- Amazon UK: >> Click to see today’s price
Emjoi Micro Pedi Mini Review
Emjoi’s Micro Pedi Mini is very small and excellent for travelling while it is great for effectively and gently buffing away rough, hard, dry skin from the bottoms of your feet in only seconds.